Re: Naming things with hashes (not #, but e.g. md5)

Maybe we should do what we do with other things like this - open a
tracker issue as a bibliographic aid, so that in case someone wants to
pursue the issue they know where to start.

It seems important enough to warrant this. (And the above helps
explain why it's OK to have so many issues on which we're making no
progress!)

Jonathan