Re: Dropping RDF mapping from microdata spec

Jeni,

> I had a recollection that you were also creating RDF versions of
> pages that contained schema.org microdata. Is that right?

Hmmm, I'm a bit unsure if you're referring to the examples/ section of
Schema.RDFS.org [1] or to the gateway [2] which is based on Ed
Summers' rdflib parser plug-in for microdata [3] or, maybe, to the set
of scraper scripts [4] we use to generate all kinds of structured data
(RDF, CSV, JSON) from the Schema.org HTML pages?

> My question is, if I have recalled correctly that you are
> dynamically creating RDF from pages marked up with schema.org
> microdata, is the mapping that you use generic (e.g. map any short-
> name property into a URI based on the itemtype of the nearest item)
> or specific to schema.org (i.e. recognise those particular short-
> name properties on items with a schema.org type)?

IIRC, we have a Schema.org-specific mapping in place, but I feel
Richard is more competent to answer this one - Richard?
Related (because of organisational proximity) is the any23 issue 173
[5] - note that any23 is used in Sindice and has hence also some
potential effect on the ecosystem.

HTH ... ?

Cheers,
	Michael