Re: Unified Approaches

In a message dated 7/17/2011 12:35:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gandhi.mukul@gmail.com writes:

On Fri,  Jul 15, 2011 at 3:46 AM,  <BillClare3@aol.com> wrote:
> What  is proposed in a related paper is an approach toward use of model
>  driven declarative specifications that systematically continue the
>  development of XML from a document specification language to full  scale
> support for application development.

I find it hard  to understand from your mail, where the gaps are as per
your  proposal?

.
   Yes, XML and related facilities do have considerable  capabilities for
application development and the intent would be to build on  these.
.
   However, they also lack fundamental features  that could be included in
a declarative language, some of which are alluded  to in a related note here.
.
  More fundamentally, however, the evolution has led to  unnecessary
complexities and lack of systemization.   If development focused on a broader goal
of productivity for  application development, I believe this would lead to
greatly enhanced  characteristics of generality, simplicity, consistency,
ease of use and  clarity - all of which gaps could be remedied with some
effort.

Bill