Re: HTML WG ISSUE 120: Prefix mechanisms for RDFa

Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
> I suggest that it may be worthwhile for the TAG to actively track HTML
> WG progress in resolving their ISSUE 120 [1]. Are there any TAG members
> willing to volunteer to follow this, and to provide us a brief status
> report at the F2F? (If I don't get any volunteers, I'll pick a victim,
> as given our earlier work on CURIEs, I do think this is something we
> should be tracking.)

I'll be happy to assist anybody who gets landed with this lovely task
in writing the report. In short, I know the issue rather well, having
discussed with Hixie, as a member of the RDFa WG, and as somebody
who's keen to see the progression of metadata in html.

For all my analysis I don't know which is the best solution to the
problems (including solutions which haven't been turned in to change
proposals), but I do understand the issue, the various approaches that
could be taken, and the positives/negatives of each. Thus I'd be more
than happy to assist in documenting them properly and in full so that
the TAG and whoever else is interested can see the full picture, come
to their own conclusions, and possibly give guidance.

Best,

Nathan