From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:idsubmission@ietf.org]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 7:49 AM
To: lmm@acm.org
Cc: LMM@acm.org
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-masinter-dated-uri-08

A new version of I-D, draft-masinter-dated-uri-08.txt has been successfully submitted by Larry Masinter and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:  draft-masinter-dated-uri
Revision:  08
Title:   The 'tdb' and 'duri' URI schemes, based on dated URIs
Creation_date:  2011-01-10
WG ID:   Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
This document defines two URI schemes.  The first, 'duri' (standing
for "dated URI"), identifies a resource as of a particular time.
This allows explicit reference to the "time of retrieval", similar to
the way in which bibliographic references containing URIs are often
written.

The second scheme, 'tdb' ( standing for "Thing Described By"),
provides a way of minting URIs for something by the means of
identifying a description as of a particular time.

Note

This document is not a product of any working group.  Many of the
ideas here have been discussed since 2001.  Versions of this document
have been discussed on the mailing list <uri@w3.org>.  Previous
versions have couched 'tdb' and 'tdb' as URN namespaces, used
different syntax for timestamps, and handled URIs with fragment
identifiers differently.

The IETF Secretariat.