Re: Understanding 'Content-Location' header in the IETF HTTPbis draft

Bob Ferris wrote:
> Yeah, I know what you mean (btw, I searched for quite a while for this
> definition, but hadn't found it - is it new?). You are pointing to the
> difference between URI and URIref. However, since resources can also be
> identified by URIs with fragements, we should consider them as their
> effective request URIs. From my point of view this would deregulate the
> differentiated handling of hash and slash URIs in this case.

Just to quickly clarify the usage of "URI Reference"

URI includes fragments in the current RFC 3986:
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986

   URI = scheme ":" hier-part [ "?" query ] [ "#" fragment ]

When the RDF specifications were released the above new RFC was not a
web standard yet, so an RDF URI Reference was described in line with the
then current standard URI RFC, 2396:
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2396

   URI-reference = [ absoluteURI | relativeURI ] [ "#" fragment ]

The RDF URI Reference described in the RDF specifications however, is
compatible (and supposed to be) URI / IRI as described by the
now-current RFCs.

As far as I know this will be addressed and updated by the new RDF WG.

As for fragments, I'd merely point you to:

Best,

Nathan