W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > April 2011

Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 28 April 2011

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:36:12 -0400
Message-ID: <4DB89A5C.3090104@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>
The final agenda for tomorrow's TAG teleconference is now available at 
[1,2] and in text-only form below. Please note that several substantive 
additions were made since the interim agenda was circulated earlier today. 
  Note that, in several cases, we will be reviewing revisions to draft TAG 
documents, so please read those if possible prior to the call.

Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/28-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

===========================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]14 April 2011 This: [4]28 April 2011
    Next: [5]5 May 2011

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/14-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/28-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/05-agenda

               Agenda of 28 April 2011 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
    - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Dan Appelquist (confirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: Larry, Henry (at risk)
           + Future regrets: none
           + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 5 May 2011, Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
           + Future scribes: Larry Masinter, Ashok Malhotra, Jeni
             Tennison
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [13]14 April 2011
     3. Administrative items
           + We're expecting Ashok to represent the TAG at the privacy
             workshop in Princeton
           + Bilbao F2F: who from TAG is participating?
     4. F2F Planning
           + Goal:
                o Plan technical content of June 2011 F2F meeting
                o Check schedules: who will not be available for F2F
                  planning in May?
           + Background:
                o Jim Gettys has agreed to join us for lunch on 6 June
                  2011 to discuss his work on [14]Buffer Bloat (more
                  info in [15]Jim's Blog). (Note: I'm keeping open
                  [16]ACTION-546: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Ask Jim Gettys
                  about joining us for lunch at June F2F Due 2011-05-15
                  - Due: 2011-05-17)
                o [17]Open actions in [18]Tracker
     5. Product: [19]HTML5 review: HTML5 Authoring Specification
           + Goal:
                o Inform the TAG that the HTML5 WG has [20]agreed to
                  publish the (successors to) [21]authoring view of the
                  HTML5 Recommendation as a normative part of their
                  Recommendation package.
                o Close [22]ACTION-379
           + Background:
                o At meetings with the HTML WG in Mandelieu in 2008, the
                  TAG expressed interest in having the HTML WG produce a
                  specification for the HTML5 language, in addition to
                  the specification that's provided for user agent
                  implementers.
                o [23]ACTION-379: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Check whether
                  HTML language reference has been published - Due:
                  2011-04-26 - PENDING REVIEW (see notes in the ACTION
                  document)
                o Note: the HTML WG has also agreed to publish Mike
                  Smith's as a non-normative part of the HTML5
                  Recommendation.
                o Note: in correspondence with HTML WG chair Paul Cotton
                  there was some confusion as to which of the two
                  documents was the one that satisifed the TAG's
                  request. Paul's [24]note of 17 April 2011 makes clear
                  that both are indeed being published, and as TAG chair
                  I (Noah) have confirmed that (1) the authoring view of
                  the main specification is what formally satisfies the
                  agreement made between the TAG and the HTML WGs; and
                  (2) as we've previously indicated, the TAG is also
                  very supportive of the publication of Mike's document
                  as a non-normative part of the Recommendation.
     6. [25]ISSUE-60 (webApplicationState-60): Web Applications:
        Client-side state
           + Goals:
                o Review the [26]31 March 2011 Draft of Repurposing the
                  Hash Sign for the New Web. Ashok's [27]announcement
                  email indicates that changes are in sections 2.3, 3, 4
                  & 5.
           + Background:
                o [28]31 March 2011 Draft of Repurposing the Hash Sign
                  for the New Web
                o [29]8 Feb 2011 F2F discussion of client-side state
                  draft
                o [30]Jeni Tennison's blog post on #!
                o Noah Mendelsohn's blog post [31]Documents in
                  applications
                o [32]ACTION-533: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule TAG
                  discussion of #! (check with Yves) [self-assigne] -
                  Due: 2011-04-05 - CLOSED
                o [33]ACTION-481: on - Ashok Malhotra - Update
                  client-side state document with help from Raman - Due:
                  2011-04-12 - OPEN
                o [34]ACTION-508: on - Larry Masinter - Draft proposed
                  bug report against HTML5 media type registration
                  regarding interpretation of fragid in HTML-based AJAX
                  apps - Due: 2011-04-19 - OPEN
                o [35]ACTION-538: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of Ashok's post F2F client state draft for
                  24 March [self-assigned] - Due: 2011-03-22 - CLOSED
     7. [36]ISSUE-25 (deepLinking-25): Can publication of hyperlinks
        cause copyright infringment?
           + Goals:
                o Discuss latest version of [37]Publishing and linking
                  on the Web
                o Decide next steps regarding TAG work on copyright and
                  deep linking
           + Background:
                o [38]ACTION-541: on - Jeni Tennison - Helped by DKA to
                  produce a first draft of terminology about
                  (deep-)linking etc. - Due: 2011-04-26 - OPEN
                o [39]Discussion on 17 March 2011, [40]31 March 2011,
                  and [41]14 April 2011 of "Copyright and Deep Linking"
                o [42]Publishing on the Web (this version still does not
                  have an explicit date, but in private email on 26
                  April 2011, Dan Appelquist indicated that there have
                  been recent updates  [43]old version) by Jeni
                  Tennison and Dan Appelquist, produced in partial
                  fulfillment of: [44]ACTION-541
                o Tim Berners-Lee [45]alerts the TAG to US legal case in
                  which a Mr. Brian McCarthy has been accused of
                  copyright infringement resulting from his (alleged)
                  publication of links to copyrighted material. (See
                  also long ensuing email thread.) ([46]Criminal
                  complaint)
                o [47]Suggestion to write a technical document on
                  linking and copying (Jonathan)
                o [48]Discussion with Thinh Nguyen at 3 Dec 2010 TAG
                  telcon
                o [49]ACTION-505: on - Daniel Appelquist - Start a
                  document wrt issue-25 - Due: 2011-03-01 - CLOSED
     8. [50]Web Application Architecture: Design of APIs for Web
        Applications
           + Goals:
                o Review recent changes to Dan Appelquists' [51]WebApp
                  API Minimization
           + Background:
                o [52]ACTION-514: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft finding
                  on API minimization Due: 2011-02-01 - Due: 2011-04-12
                  - OPEN
                o [53]Discussion of API minimization at the 8 February
                  2011 TAG F2F
                o From previous F2F: [54]Dan Appelquist writeup on API
                  Design - ([55]announcement email)
                o [56]ACTION-461: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft
                  "finding" on Web Apps API design - Due: 2010-12-31 -
                  CLOSED
     9. Overdue Action Items:
           + [57]Overdue actions in [58]Tracker
    10. Pending Review Items:
           + [59]Pending review actions in [60]Tracker
    11. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/28-agenda
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/14-minutes
      [14] http://mirrors.bufferbloat.net/Talks/PragueIETF/
      [15] http://gettys.wordpress.com/
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/546
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open?sort=owner
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/6
      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Apr/0052.html
      [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-20110113/author/
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/379
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/379
      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Apr/0052.html
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/HashInURI-20110331.html
      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Apr/0014.html
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/HashInURI-20110331.html
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/08-minutes#item04
      [30] http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/154
      [31] 
http://blog.arcanedomain.com/2011/03/identifying-documents-in-web-applications/
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/533
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/481
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/508
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/538
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/25
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb.html
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/541
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/17-minutes#item04
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/31-minutes#item03
      [41] 
file://localhost/C:/Noah/Web/TAG/CVS/WWW/2001/tag/2011/04/14-minutes.html#item05
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb.html
      [43] https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgnh4s67_2cv7hf5c7
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/541
      [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0044.html
      [46] http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/dhscomplaint/
      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0102.html
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/12/02-minutes.html#item01
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/505
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/APIMinimization.html
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/514
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/28-agenda
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/WebappsAPIDesignNotes.html
      [55] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0104.html
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/461
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/04/27 22:32:50 $

    [61]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [61] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 27 April 2011 22:36:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:56:38 UTC