URIs for journal articles?

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:38:59 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Tracker, please file this under ISSUE-63 "Metadata Architecture for the Web":

DOIs and Linked Data: Some Concrete Proposals
Geoff Bilder, CrossRef
http://www.crossref.org/CrossTech/2010/03/dois_and_linked_data_some_conc.html

That Geoff distinguishes between the 'landing page' and the article
itself is great. That he is not clear about the need for separate URIs
for the two is a bit of a problem. (someone should post a comment...)
But this post is a definitely step in the right direction. Crossref is
sitting on a metadata gold mine (>40 million articles?) and we should
give them all the support and encouragement we can.

(tip o' the hat to Alan Ruttenberg and Hilmar Lapp!)

Jonathan