Re: User Information in a URI

I don't know quite what you are designing but in general it is a bad idea to use the user info part at all, especially with HTTP.  That is giving auth information away to those who see the URL.
It s making an architectural commitment to a particular for of identity which you might later wan to dump for something else (like email based or pub key based etc).

Tim