Re: web architecture and safe content

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
>> A pre-POWDER format, RDF-WCL is available at
>> http://www.playboy.com/labels.rdf and gives the general idea, in this
>> case a label for Web content on playboy.com summarised as claiming
>> "Exposed breasts; Bare buttocks; Erotica; No violence; Mild
>> expletives; No potentially harmful activities; No user-generated
>> content; This material appears in an artistic context;" ...
>
> If I remember correctly, playboy.com is an adult site (according to
> me!). Many people say, that what is an adult content is perceived
> differently by different people.
>
> You cannot expect us (at least me I guess) to read a technical
> artifact, from an adult site :) It should have been made available on
> perhaps, W3C site.

It's also available from archive.org, eg. try
http://web.archive.org/web/20080516221554/http://www.playboy.com/labels.rdf

I'll include a version below, so it'll be in W3C archives too. Either
way, it contains no adult content directly, unless you consider the
words 'buttocks', 'breasts' etc to be intrinsically problematic...

cheers,

Dan

<rdf:RDF
  xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
  xmlns:label="http://www.w3.org/2004/12/q/contentlabel#"
  xmlns:icra="http://www.icra.org/rdfs/vocabularyv03#">

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="">
    <dc:creator rdf:resource="http://www.icra.org" />
    <dcterms:issued>2007-3-27</dcterms:issued>
    <label:authorityFor>http://www.icra.org/rdfs/vocabularyv03#</label:authorityFor>
  </rdf:Description>

  <label:Ruleset>

    <label:hasHostRestrictions>
      <label:Hosts>
        <label:hostRestriction>playboy.com</label:hostRestriction>
      </label:Hosts>
    </label:hasHostRestrictions>
    <label:hasDefaultLabel rdf:resource="#label_1" />
  </label:Ruleset>

  <label:ContentLabel rdf:ID="label_1">

    <rdfs:comment>Label for all/most of website</rdfs:comment>
    <icra:na>1</icra:na>
    <icra:nb>1</icra:nb>
    <icra:sf>1</icra:sf>
    <icra:vz>1</icra:vz>
    <icra:lc>1</icra:lc>

    <icra:oz>1</icra:oz>
    <icra:cz>1</icra:cz>
    <label:hasModifier><icra:xa /></label:hasModifier>
    <rdfs:label>Exposed breasts; Bare buttocks; Erotica; No violence;
Mild expletives; No potentially harmful activities; No user-generated
content; This material appears in an artistic context; </rdfs:label>
  </label:ContentLabel>

</rdf:RDF>