Noah has taken a look at Microsoft's Namespaces Proposal

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:09:17 -0500
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Henry:  You have TAG ACTION-327: Review Microsoft's namespaces in HTML 5
proposal

In case it's of interest, I did take a look while preparing my TPAC talk
[2].   I still think it's worth having you take a look, and I don't think
I have any unexpectedly useful insights into the pros and cons of the
various flavors proposed.  Basically, it looks to me to be "XML Namespaces
with selected omissions, those being chosen to maximize compatibility with
deployed content".  I'd expect those who are sympathetic to namespaces in
the first place to view it as an interesting compromise for use with
text/html;  I'd expect those who find namespaces to be
inconvenient/impractical will be mostly unconvinced.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/327
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Nov/0004.html

Noah Mendelsohn