Re: ISSUE-35 RDFinXHTML-35 (also ACTION-240)

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Hixie is currently developing a proposal that approaches the stated use
> cases of embedded microdata from the point of view of use cases as
> opposed to approaching it from overlaying the RDF data model onto HTML.

To clarify, what I'm doing is going through the discussions that resulted
from the call for use cases for microdata annotations earlier this year,
along with the comments that were posted to a variety of blog posts,
mailing lists, and wikis, as well as reading Manu's long wiki page of use
cases for the topic, and attempting to (a) distill from this a set of
requirements for HTML5, (b) enumerate the various proposals that have been
put forward to address these use cases and requirements, (c) evaluate the
use cases and requirements, (d) evaluate the solutions in the context of
those use cases and requirements, and (e) make an initial proposal for
addressing these use cases and requirements (ideally selected an existing
technology that satisfactorily addresses them), which will then be refined
in discussion with Working Group members and other reviewers.