Re: Next steps for the ARIA syntax discussion

Robert J Burns wrote:

> You also mention the null namespace in this email in the context of
> helping authors. The proliferation of the null namespace is — in my view
> — a misinterpretation of the namespaces recommendation that already
> causes some of the same headaches you describe in your critique of TAG.

I tend to agree that it was a bad design decision, and causes lots of
headaches. However it's in no way a misinterpretation. Unprefixed
attributes are never in any namespace. Full stop. This is what the spec
says, for good or bad.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!