Re: Implementing aria: -- examples and methodology

* Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Not so, please look again, there are two identical files, one served
>as text/html and the other as application/xhtml+xml.  They both work.

You actually deliver text/html to e.g. Internet Explorer 6 for either.
It is sad to see this thread continue even though you haven't yet pro-
vided the detailed replies and the results from your attribute manipu-
lation tests that you've promised.

What you are proposing is the dynamic equivalent of parsing documents
using namespace-unaware processors, unless you are also proposing some
substantive changes to methods like getAttribute and setAttribute. Can
you tell me what the result of an xslt-transformation(xsltdoc, xmldoc)
is if xsltdoc and xmldoc are parsed with a namespace-unaware processor?

As it is defined, a node created using .setAttribute('x:y', 'example')
has neither namespace name nor local name. What is the XPath syntax to
select an attribute that has neither namespace name nor local name?

Some implementations handle this contrary to the DOM specification and
will instead create a node that has a local name of 'x:y' and is in no
namespace. What does an attribute in no namespace with the local name
'x:y' and an empty prefix look like in XML syntax?

The DOM Level 1 methods create nodes that are incompatible with any and
all namespace-sensitive technology -- unless you change their definition
in some way, so I was hoping there was more to your proposal than you've
revealed so far. If there isn't, you should probably note this problem
in your proposal.