Re: Implementing aria: -- examples and methodology

On Thu, 29 May 2008 14:54:51 +0200, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren writes:
>> On Thu, 29 May 2008 13:51:08 +0200, Henry S. Thompson
>> <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>  wrote:
>>> These tests were converted from the 'aria-' iCITA examples using the
>>> above methodology, very easily, and work in IE 7 as well as Firefox,
>>> Opera and Safari (and, with an edited and rebuilt accessibility
>>> module in Firefox 3b5, with the ORCA screen-reader).
>>
>> These tests are HTML-only, use class names to work around styling
>> deficiencies of your proposal and don't demonstrate at all that aria:
>> is  somehow a better alternative to aria- in my opinion.
>
> Not so, please look again, there are two identical files, one served
> as text/html and the other as application/xhtml+xml.  They both work.

Very well, I should've been more careful. Though again, it relies on class
names to work around styling deficiencies of your proposal and doesn't
demonstrate that aria: is better than aria-. Just that it's more complex.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>