Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme

It is important I think that the package itself have an HTTP URI.
Yes, there will be times when you don't retrieve it in the normal
course of business, and times when it is aggressively cached (what we
call installation), but it should have an HTTP URI for all the normal
reasons.

So that suggests that the HTTP URI for the package, which names it, be
the reference point for things inside the package, to identify them.

Why not adopt the convention that one just continues with a slash?

http://example.com/widgets/2007/blink-01.zip/contents/chrome/js/blink.js

This would mean the server would have to reply to it either with a
response indicating "You have asked for part of a package X, go get
the package" or it could say You have asked for part of a package X,
here is what you asked for" and extract it.

Tim