Re: Uniform access to descriptions

Thanks for the use case. This is very helpful.

On Mar 25, 2008, at 6:31 AM, Phil Archer wrote:
> Step 2
>  A Server resolves the URI and determines that there is
>  metadata associated with the resource that asserts access conditions.
> Step 2 in the use case above would be more efficient if the link to
> the metadata (the Description Resource) were available through an
> HTTP header, thus obviating the need to parse the content before
> deciding whether it can/should be displayed directly or adapted in
> some way.

Just to make sure I understand this: What you call the 'server' is
acting as a proxy server - that is, it is both a client (looking for
metadata as well as content) and a server (providing filtered content
to some device). The device in this scenario is not particularly
interested in the metadata. Yes?

Jonathan