Re: URI Declarations [Usage scenario 1b]

At 6:46 PM -0500 3/3/08, John Cowan wrote:

Cutting to the chase, as philosophical debates are inappropriate to this forum:

>>  RDF and OWL already have identity built into their model theories, so
>>  we don't need anything new to have that.
>
>They have formal identity, but not grounded identity, and it's grounding
>that we need in order to be talking about anything.

Indeed. Exactly. And one cannot get grounding by making purely formal
assertions, even if they are called 'declarations' and you have to
believe them, on pain of being very naughty. David wants to get
grounding, but he's going about it the wrong way.

Pat
IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes      phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us
http://www.flickr.com/pathayes/collections