Re: [XRI] Back to XRI

Thanks Paul,

Good summery.

I posted separately to Mark's comments.

I will only add that the XRI-TC recognized the value of David  Booth's
comments two years ago.
We created HXRI as an adjunct to the xri: scheme not a replacement for
it.
We believe HXRI is valuable and have no intention of dropping it.  The
only question is how should HXRI be extended.

If we are asked to replace the functionality of a URI scheme entirely
with HXRI the requirements for HXRI change as a result.

The question for XRI and others is:

Is it possible to create  sub-schemes within http: without breaking
AWWW?

The proposed sub-scheme mechanism must be a standard!

I do not want ARK using the path XRI using part of DNS, Skype using
the user name, and sip using a port number.

If we are going to use the http: scheme for non-DNS authority
resolution lets pick one way to do it.

Regards
John Bradley