RE: Access Control (was: Re: Meeting record for TAG Telcon: 10th Jan 2008)

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:13:04 -0800
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, <www-tag@w3.org>

Anne,

You missed the requirements document that I created and the WG has been
discussing, which also contains the use cases that the chair asked to be
added into the WG's use case documentation.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/access-control/AccessControl-Requirements

Cheers,
Dave

<snip/>

> >    DO: while much of this is process/editorial, the choice
> of GET [as
> >    opposed to OPTIONs or HEAD] is technical and architectural
>
> We're using OPTIONS now as it turned out that server support
> is better than it was a year ago when we started this work.
> I'm not sure if Firefox is already updated to reflect this.

I think there's been movement towards OPTIONS, but I don't believe that
the WG had formally agreed to that..

Cheers,
Dave