RE: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to achieve.  In the example above, the user agent cannot GET from the awww:InformationResource that http://example/doc#ir denotes, because that URI has a fragment identifier, and no other URI for it was given.  But caching, content encoding and ranges would still work the same when GETting from http://example/doc, wouldn't they?  And if you want to supply multiple media types you could either do it by supplying the bits in multiple ways:

> >   <http://example/doc#ir> hasBitsInRDF "... [bits go here] ..." .
> >   <http://example/doc#ir> hasBitsInHTML "... [bits go here] ..." .
> >   <http://example/doc#ir> hasBitsInPlainText "... [bits go here] ..." .

(along with corresponding metadata for each media type).

Bear in mind that if the user agent is going to make use of a new Resource-Description HTTP header then it would have to know the conventions implied by that header.  And if we make that assumption then the user agent could just as well be expected to understand a particular set of RDF conventions.

But again, I'm not sure I am understanding what you want to achieve, so if I have missed it please explain.

Thanks

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.