W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > August 2008

TAG "back-to-school" Telcon Agenda: 28th Aug 2008: Review Requests; F2F Agenda; UrnsAndRegistries-50; passwordsInTheClear-52; contentTypeOverride-24; tagSoupIntegration-54

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:02:59 +0000
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Message-ID: <233101CD2D78D64E8C6691E90030E5C8181997DDE7@GVW1120EXC.americas.hpqcorp.net>

Apologies for the belated notice. The TAG resumes its weekly telcon meetings this week following a break over the summer.

The weekly agenda at <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly> has been updated for out meeting on 28th Aug (today).

Static copies are available as plain text below and at <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/08/28-agenda>

Best regards

Stuart Williams
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England

===============================================================================

             Agenda of 28th August 2008 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Stuart, Scribe: Noah (proposed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: none;
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Propose TAG approval of meeting record from 3rd July
            [11]Joint Meeting of W3C TAG and OASIS XRI TC
          + Approval of Minutes from previous telcon [12]24th July 2008
          + Next Telcon: Propose 4th Sep 2008; Chair: Stuart; Scribe:
            DaveO > DanC > Norm
          + Future Regrets: 11 Sep: Noah, Norm; 18 Sep: TimBL.
          + [13]Summer Availability
    2. News/New Items (10 min max.)
          + Mailing List Traffic:
               o Review Request:
                    # "[14]Content Transformation Guidelines: Last Call
                      Working Draft" request [15]from WG cites TAG
                      issue [16]genericResources-53 and [17]finding.
                    # "[18]CURIE Syntax 1.0" response to request
                      [19]from WG; deadline extension [20]from WG;
                      comment from TAG members: [21]Noah, [22]Raman,
                      [23]Norm
                    # "[24]Fwd: RE: Standardization of WS-Transfer,
                      WS-ResourceTransfer, WS-Enumeration and
                      WS-MetadataExchange]" request from Philippe Le
                      Hegaret
                    # Any others?
          + News Items:
          + New Drafts:
          + Conferences:
               o W3C Technical Plenary/AC Meeting
                    # Expected TAG attendees?
                    # WGs that the TAG would like to meet with (and
                      why).
    3. F2F Agenda Development
          + 1.5 days on [25]tagSoupIntegration-54
               o [26]Agenda proposal from [27]Raman (member only links)
          + Other possible topics (for 5x 90min sessions):
               o [28]UrnsAndRegistries-50
               o [29]XMLVersioning-41
               o [30]selfDescribingWeb
               o [31]passwordsInTheClear-52
               o [32]genericResources-53
               o Others?
          + The chair would like the following from a supporter of each
            agenda topic:
               o Proposed goals for the meeting session.
               o Required reading and related materials.
    4. Issue [33]UrnsAndRegistries-50 (ISSUE-50) (short)
          + Related Action Items
               o [34]ACTION-33 on Henry S. Thompson to revise
                 URNsAndRegistries-50 finding in response to F2F
                 discussion - due 2008-03-27, open [|CONTINUE]
               o [35]ACTION-121 on Henry S. Thompson to HT to draft TAG
                 input to review of draft ARK RFC - due 2008-03-27,
                 open [CONTINUE]
               o [36]ACTION-152 on Jonathan Rees to Review overlap
                 between the HCLSI URI note and HT's w.r.t.
                 contribution to TAG finding on UrnsAndRegistries - due
                 2008-05-27, open [CONTINUE]
          + TAG and XRI Chair sync-up meeting (attendees Stuart, Henry,
            Drummond Reed, Peter Davies, John Bradley)
          + Threads of discussion:
               o Schemes
               o Persistence/URN Requirements
               o Determination of persistence by inspection
                 (subschemes)
               o Metadata discovery mechanisms (data and metadata)
    5. Issue [37]passwordsInTheClear-52 (ISSUE-52)
          + Relate Action Items:
               o [38]ACTION-150 on David Orchard to Finish refs etc on
                 passwords in the clear finding - due 2008-05-27,
                 pending review [39]DONE]
          + Current [40]Draft Finding.
          + Email Discussion thread "[41]delegation and
            passwordsInTheClear-52" started by DanC
               o Thread summary (please) DanC/DaveO
               o Does the finding need more changes? Are we done?
    6. Issue [42]contentTypeOverride-24 (ISSUE-24)
          + [43]HTML-WG/IETG-HTTP thread on Media Type sniffing -
            referenced by Raman.
          + TAG Blog post "[44]life without MIME type sniffing?" from
            DanC
          + Reopen the issue? (chair expects 6 participants this week)
    7. Issue [45]tagSoupIntegration-54 (ISSUE-54)
          + Related Action Items:
               o [46]ACTION-145 on Tim Berners-Lee to Add public prose
                 around his slides at the AC meeting to make the case
                 for extensiblity and flexible XML - due 2008-06-26,
                 open [CONTINUE]
          + Raman and Henry have drawn attention to several related
            topics:
               o Public Thread on "[47]HTML5 and URLs"
               o SVG-WG proposal on "[48]SVG in HTML"
               o [49]Custom Data Attributes in HTML5 via related
                 [50]blog article.
          + Discussion and plans.
    8. Action Item Review
          + [51]Overdue Action Items
    9. Any other business
          + Sept F2F [52]logistics page and [53]poll: DanC
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/08/28-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/07/03-tag-xri-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-tagmem-minutes
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/summerAvailability2008/results
     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-ct-guidelines-20080801/
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JulSep/0043.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/53
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery
     [18] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-curie-20080506/
     [19] http://www.w3.org/mid/233101CD2D78D64E8C6691E90030E5C816BA43AC10@GVW1120EXC.americas.hpqcorp.net
     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Aug/0028
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Aug/0029
     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Aug/0030
     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Aug/0062
     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Jul/0004
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Aug/att-0019/sep-08-ftf-agenda.html
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008Aug/0019
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocuments.html
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/52
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/53
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/121
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/152
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/52
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/150
     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Jun/0010
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/passwordsInTheClear-52-20080602.html
     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Jun/0106
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0117
     [44] http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/07/life_without_mime_type_sniffin
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/145
     [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0152
     [48] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0179
     [49] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#custom
     [50] http://ejohn.org/blog/html-5-data-attributes/
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/09/ftfkc.html
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/kcftf/


    Stuart Williams for TAG
    $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2008/08/28 12:56:33 $
Received on Thursday, 28 August 2008 13:06:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:32:58 UTC