Re: newbie question about sparql and 200

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 13:09 -0400, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
[...]
> Why is the note necessary? In fact it seems backwards:

> That is, the IRI identifies the graph, and the representation is a
> serialization of that graph. How is it different than asking for any
> document, and getting back either html, or rtf, or whatever?

Graphs are like integers or strings; they don't have state.
Documents, in the sense of "the front page of the new york times"
do have state; i.e. they change over time.

To say that <http://example.com/graph1> identifies a graph
leads to a contradiction when two different GET requests
return different graphs/representations.

p.s. I hope that helps a little, but I really prefer to let
specs speak for themselves.

p.p.s. is there some test case we could explore? or something
less abstract than <http://example.com/graph1>?

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E