From: Ted Thibodeau Jr [mailto:tthibodeau@openlinksw.com]
Sent: 31 July 2008 22:06
To: T.V Raman
Cc: connolly@w3.org; richard@cyganiak.de; raman@google.com;
seb@serialseb.com; www-tag@w3.org; kidehen@openlinksw.com
Subject: Re: Question about the On Linking Alternative Representations TAG
Finding

* T.V Raman [7/31/08 2:00 PM -0700] wrote:
> Thanks for the excellent analsysis.
> Minor nit:
> I think you meant HTTP, rather than HTML in
> <cite>
> which must get an HTML result code.  I think they are equally
> </cite>

Quite so.  Thanks for the catch!

> What do present-day user agents do when they get a 406?

An excellent question.  I'm not aware of any servers currently
delivering such, so I can't easily say!  :-/

Be seeing you,

Ted

--
A: Yes.                      http://www.guckes.net/faq/attribution.html
| Q: Are you sure?
| | A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
| | | Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Ted Thibodeau, Jr.           //               voice +1-781-273-0900 x32
Evangelism & Support         //        mailto:tthibodeau@openlinksw.com
OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
                                 http://www.openlinksw.com/weblogs/uda/
OpenLink Blogs              http://www.openlinksw.com/weblogs/virtuoso/
                               http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/
    Universal Data Access and Virtual Database Technology Providers