Re: Uniform access to descriptions

Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:
> Hello Xiaoshu,

I am opposing HTTP LINK not any internal link such as HTML <link>.  So,
HTTP is necessary for my argument.
>> unless we want to drop RDF or human
>> language?  I guess the answer to this question is obvious no.
>>
>> Let me model it in such so it is much clear:
>>
>> *resource* - (LINK) - *resource* should not stand.
>>

> Don't understand what you mean by "(LINK)" and "should not stand".

I mean the semantics of *resource* HTTP-LINK *resource* should be
modeled in RDF or in natural language. If we don't want to drop RDF or
natural language, *resource* HTTP-LINK *resource* should not be granted,
(by the principle of orthogonal specification), is this right?

>> Then *representation* - describes (LINK) - *resource*.  This
>> is the next model we agreed upon.
>>

> No... we don't agree. I can only make guesses at what you are trying to say.
>

>> Now, try to find a place for *description*?
>>
>>> A given 'awww:resource' may have one or more 'awww:representations'
>>> (ephemeral messages which convey some
>>> view of current 'content' of the given 'awww:resource').
>>> Those 'awww:representations' are *not* the give
>>>

> opps s/give/given above

O.K. can I make this model as

*representation* - describes (LINK) - *resource*?

My question to Jonathan is that *description* must be falling into the
argument of /representation/.  I didn't assume /representation/ is a
given, but using /description/ to replace /representation/ doesn't avoid
to answer the relationship between /representation(description)/ to
/resource/.  It is the same problem, nothing new.

Xiaoshu