tabulator and linked data pointers [was: Some TAG ...]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:03:41 -0500
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Technical Architecture Group WG <www-tag@w3.org>, Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@gmail.com>

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 14:49 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:
[...]
> >They're migrating to 303 redirections
> >since the httpRange-14 decision, I gather; and TimBL is now
> >recommending that people make FOAF files and the his tabulator
> >code is reasonably happy about dc:title and such.
>
> I think something got lost in the above. As I'd like to know what the
> appropriate thing to actually do is, can you elaborate a little about
> 'tabulator code'? (OR a pointer?)

Oops; sorry...

"The Tabulator project is a generic data browser and editor. Using
outline and table modes, it provides a way to browse RDF data on the
web. RDF is the standard for inter-application data exchange.

The tabulator extension is a Firefox extsion which allows Firefox to
handle data as well as documents. ..."
  -- http://www.w3.org/2005/ajar/tab

If you're in the mood for an academic paper style description, there's
one linked from that page:

Berners-Lee et. al., Tabulator: Exploring and Analyzing linked data on
the Semantic Web, Procedings of the The 3rd International Semantic Web
User Interaction Workshop (SWUI06) workshop, Athens, Georgia, 6 Nov
2006.

If you haven't played with any of the linked data tools out there,
I highly recommend it. The tabulator is nicely visual,
but the Semantic Web Client Library by Bizer et. al. is also
very cool. See http://esw.w3.org/topic/LinkedData for
all sorts of related stuff.