Re: Preferable alternative to 'resource'

On 28/09/2007 16:43, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> TimbL writes:
>>> I wonder what the AWWW would look like with s/information resource/
> document/g; s/resource/thing/g
>
> I think it would be a *significant* improvement for all the reasons
> mentioned and the perpetual discord about what it means to be an
> 'information resource'.  In addition, 'document' has excellent
> synonymy with well-known machine-readable definitions (as well as
> human-readable definitions).

Although it would be confusing for resources that are images, executable
binaries, mp3s, embedded flash video etc

I guess they're all "digital things" as opposed to all other "things".

Ian
--
work - http://www.talis.com/platform
play - http://iandavis.com/blog