Re: Some TAG review of "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web"

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:06:24 -0400
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Marc de Graauw <marc@marcdegraauw.com>, 'John Cowan' <cowan@ccil.org>, 'Technical Architecture Group WG' <www-tag@w3.org>

Harry Halpin scripsit:

> While unlikely, it is possible we will discover a unicorn
> fossil in a remote desert one day.

Actually, I don't happen to believe that's possible, because I think
unicorns are inherently legendary.  It's probable that the unicorn
legend arose from distorted knowledge about the rhinoceros, but we
do not identify unicorns and rhinos.

If we discovered such a fossil, I think we might casually refer to it
as a unicorn, but it wouldn't actually be one.

--
John Cowan        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan          cowan@ccil.org
Please leave your values                Check your assumptions.  In fact,