Re: ISSUE-57: The use of HTTP Redirection

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:07:17 -0400
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Ed Davies <edavies@nildram.co.uk>, Technical Architecture Group WG <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Tim,

Could you please tell me what definition of representation you *are*
using.  Not by example, please, but a definition, like one would find
in a dictionary?

Also, once given this definition, could you please tell me what
criteria I should use, assuming that I am a paid consultant to a
company that wants me to audit a site, to determine whether their
server is working - that they are clear on what resources their
server knows about and that the representations it serves are indeed
representations of those resources? Let's assume that I have full
access to their company personnel, so I can ask any questions of them
I need to.

Thanks,

-Alan