Re: httpRange-14 Adjunct: 302 is Valid for Non-Information Resources

Sean,

Forgive me for being honest.

I would prefer that the TAG considers the future of the web, instead
of wasting time in discussion of hypothetically existing obsolete
clients.

The burden is on you to give a few examples of clients that don't
support 303, and are widely used to access the kind of resource for
which httpRange-14 matters. Also, in case you should find that such
clients are actually still in use today to do SemWebby things, then
please explain why we shouldn't just ask their operators to upgrade
their obsolete software into the third millenium.

FWIW, RoyF's proposed new definition of the 303 code from the HTTP
issue tracker [1] doesn't include the backward compatibility clause.
Do you think he was wrong in dropping it?

Evidence please.

Thanks,
Richard

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis/issues/#i70