Feedback on Versioning

Hello Dave,

I'm attaching the marked up version of the office 2003 doc I created from
part 1 of the versioning finding.

 Apologies to everyone for using a proprietary format, but I wasn't
expecting to share it widely and it was very convenient for making
suggestions in-line.

The comments in the file are mainly editorial.

Let me just summarise my overall feeling about this work here.

I think it says really important things and that the results are
potentially very valuable to people creating languages. I declare an
interest here. I'd certainly like to see the results lead to some
'recepies' for language designers.

My worry is that it doesn't look much lilke other TAG findings, which tend
to be relatively small and very focussed. So while I have no doubt of the
importance of the material, I'm not convinced it sits well with the TAGs
normal processes and deliverables. But I am new(ish) to this, and I could
easily be wrong.

Best wishes
Rhys

  _____