Re: namespaceDocument-8 background

Norm Walsh writes:

> In practice, I cannot think of a single, reasonable example of a
> single resource that has multiple natures and purposes, but I suppose
> it is possible.

> [...]

> In the resulting model, something.xyz has two natures and two
> purposes and
> there's no way to tell which pairs go together.

Is it a problem  if there's a single nature and multiple purposes?  At the
risk of completely confusing the discussion, what about the RDDL document
itself?  It's a resource associated with the namespace.  It clearly can be
viewed as having multiple purposes (designating a stylesheet, designating
a schema, etc.)    While a RDDL document probably doesn't want to point to
itself, I can see a RDDL document saying: hey, look over there, that other
RDDL document has information about this namespace too.  Or, since what
you've got is an abstract model, with multiple optional serializations,
you could imagine an N3 serialization wanting to point to the RDDL and
indicating: you can get a schema from it, you can get a stylesheet from it
etc.

Worth worrying about?  I'm not sure.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation