Re: State, when to use GET, and accountability

Noah,
the current definition of safety from the AWWW document talks about not
*incurring* obligations. In particular, "If an agent does not have an
obligation before a safe interaction, it does not have that obligation
afterwards."

I assume the resources with reliable logging would be authenticated
(otherwise the log would be unreliable). By logging in, the user would
agree to the logging of their actions (that would be in the conditions
of acquiring an account) and therefore no new obligations would be
incurred with those GETs.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can see, this is a
useful view of safety. In particular, I can't see anybody triggering
anything they shouldn't do by using, let's say, a web accelerator that
opportunistically pre-fetches links.

Best regards,
Jacek