From: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com [mailto:noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 5:49 PM
To: David Orchard
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Subject: Noah's transcribed comments on May 18 Versioning Draft

	Dave:

	On today's call you strongly encouraged me to transcribe my
written comments on your versioning finding in time for you to use.  I
managed to get started on the Terminology section.  Time is limited, and
the comments on the first pages are particularly dense, so it's taken me
awhile to get these 4 pages entered.  I'm not optimistic about finding
more time this week, but I'll try.  As you can see, this is somewhat
time-consuming to transcribe.  I think that if you get the general sense
of the editorial concerns, you'll be able to read much of the rest with
an eye toward similar issues.  Anyway, I'll send more if I can.  As I
said at the F2F, I thought that some of the newer material in the other
parts of the finding was in much better shape editorially (and I did a
less careful review at the time, having burned a lot of energy on
terminology and strategies), so there probably are fewer comments on
them.

	I hope this is a useful start in any case.

	Turns out MS word does a really bizarre job of printing the
comments into the PDF.  Where they fit on the page, it uses the
balloons.  The others show at the bottom when displayed on screen, but
seem lost when printed.  Anyway, the attached PDF shows some comments
nicely formatted in context but others its missing entirely!  The HTML
version is what you should read to get all the comments, since many are
just not include in the PDF due to this problem with Word.  Still, I'm
passing on the PDF too, because for the ones it does show, it's easier
to follow where they go. Sorry for this silliness, but it's late, and I
don't have time to fix it.  If you have Word, you can open the HTML in
that and you should see them all in context.

	Noah

	Noah Mendelsohn
	IBM Corporation
	One Rogers Street