RE: Defined sets, accept sets, and <banana> elements

>I'm not sure what "replace by content" means in this context. If it's an
>XML element that isn't thrown away from the infoset, is it really
>replaced?

Suggestion: what it means is the meaning of a
document with it is the same as the meaning you
get by replacing it by whatever is in it. So

...baz..
<banana>
...foo...
</banana>
...bar...

is exactly equivalent to

...baz...
...foo...
...bar...

This is exactly how we defined the 'no-meaning'
meaning of comments in CL: a comment wrapper is
transparent in the sense that an expression with
one (surrounding it) is exactly equivalent to the
same expression without one.

Pat Hayes

>I have a feeling that the usage of Ignore that we've had for the past
>decade or so really means "ignore for the purposes of validation", that
>is don't break.  Perhaps a better phrasing that "Must Ignore Unknowns"
>is "Must not fault on Unknowns".  Outside of the validation, there are a
>wide variety of ways that the so-called extra content is handled.
>
>Cheers,
>Dave

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell