Re: XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0 -- Agenda item?

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:22:32 +0100, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:
>> Not sure how you concluded that it's a "half way house" between
>> xslt and javascript.
>
> Only that a moderately big deal is made in the introduction (the only
> part I've read carefully so far :-) of the ability XBL2 provides for
> effectively re-ordering children. . .

The difference from XSLT for this particular scenario is that XBL doesn't
actually alter the underlying DOM. The behavior XBL adds is also
"optional": a document means the same with or without the associated XBL
being applied.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>