RE: TAG - Password in clear text. ;-)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:23:04 -0600
To: "Rice, Ed (ProCurve)" <ed.rice@hp.com>
Cc: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>, Noah Mendelsohn <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr, www-tag@w3.org

And how for something completely different...

"Several months ago I decided to turn over a new leaf and start using
better passwords.  So when I got this cool new Sony Vaio laptop, I set
it up with a really good password that I had never used before.  It was
long and it contained a bunch of mixed case letters and numbers and
funky punctuation.  I made sure nobody was ever going to guess this
password.

The new password on my laptop is "Eric".  And just in case I forget my
name, I'm going to write it on the outside of the case with a Sharpie."
http://software.ericsink.com/entries/Technology_Dependence.html

Read the rest for a chuckle.

(you might remember Eric Sink as the chair of the IETF HTML WG
back in 1994 or so.)

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E