Re: TAG switching to Tracker for Issues List maintenance and Action Item tracking.

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 10:53 +0100, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)
wrote:
> As you'll proably have observed from the recent announcements of two new
> issues [1,2] we are now using Tracker [3] to track TAG issues and action
> items. Whilst the TAG continue to give our issues 'nicknames' eg:
> httpRange-14, tracker is really only interested in their' number eg
> "ISSUE-14" or simply 14.
>
> The W3C system has transferred a considerable amount of the information
> in our old issues list page [4] into the TAG's tracker pages [5]. As far
> as possible we will be using tracker to track the closer of new and
> existing TAG issues and action items.

After chatting with Stuart a bit about agenda/action management,
I migrated all the actions that I think are relevant to life
as we know it from ExiT to tracker. I included pointers to context
and progress in such as far as I know about it.

I suggest we declare amnesty on the rest, though you're welcome
to disagree with my sense of "relevant to life as we know it."

ExiT:

     1. DC (3 open actions)
     2. DO (1 open action)
     3. ER (1 open action)
     4. HT (6 open actions)
     5. NM (5 open actions)
     6. NW (3 open actions)
     7. RL (1 open action)
     8. SW (1 open action)
     9. TBL (5 open actions)
    10. TVR (2 open actions)
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html

tracker:
      * Tim Berners-Lee has 1 actions
      * Dan Connolly has 5 actions
      * Rhys Lewis has 0 actions
      * Noah Mendelsohn has 4 actions (1 overdue)
      * David Orchard has 1 actions
      * T.V. Raman has 2 actions
      * Ed Rice has 0 actions
      * Henry S Thompson has 4 actions (1 overdue)
      * Norman Walsh has 0 actions
      * Stuart Williams has 4 actions
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/

Stuart and I talked about using the due dates as "the date of the
next meeting when the chair expects to either discuss this
in substance or at least get a status update."

Except for the 2 cases you can see, I either estimated due
dates in the future or accepted the default of today
(which will become overdue tomorrow).

Noah, Henry, I'd appreciate it if you'd give a couple
minutes' thought to when you'd like the group's attention
on the ones marked "overdue". Everybody else is welcome
to help Stuart with future agendas by updating their
due dates. (Visit the relevant action page and
find "edit this action" on the right.)

tracker is richer than ExiT in some ways and poorer in others.
In addition to due dates, tracker has a "pending review" status
for actions, which means: the owner thinks it's done and asks that the
chair schedule it for review/confirmation at an upcoming
meeting.

tracker has just one CLOSED status for issues; it doesn't
distinguished between "the TAG has decided in principle"
and "the TAG has written up the decision and closed the
loop with all its peers".

Note that Stuart used to update ExiT by hand after each meeting but
hasn't done so for a few weeks. It looks like the last time was
18 June.
  http://www.w3.org/2007/06/18-tagmem-minutes
I reviewed the records since then and updated tracker.