Re: update "Authoritative Metadata"/ contentTypeOverride-24 based on HTML 5 spec?

Yes, see: http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/wrongWithIE/?chapter=Content-
type%3A+text%2Fplain

This bites me on a recent page I wrote where I tried to serve the
html source as a link to ".txt" copy of the source. This doesn't work
on IE. See:

http://hcls1.csail.mit.edu:8890/map/#Kcnip3@2850,Kcnd1@2800

I was trying to be welcoming to new to sparql/ajax programmers by
providing a link to the html source. But you just can't view the html
source code without writing a second copy with all sorts of things
escaped. And you shouldn't have to.

Is this what HTML5 is looking to sanction?

-Alan