Re: Short namespace URIs for W3C TRs available

Dear all,

On Sep 07, 2006, at 15:34, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:29:35 +0200, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
> wrote:
>> I suppose I should at least propose a strawman, so here it is;
>>
>> - SHOULD use a trailing "/"
>> - SHOULD NOT use a trailing "#"
>
>  - SHOULD NOT use a trailing anything

Not to rain on your parade but I'm pretty sure that this is an
entirely useless debate. No matter what you propose, there will be
opposition, and there will be stuff the conventions of which don't
match. Whatever arguments you think matter most matter not to others.
We've been there before countless times, please, let us not waste yet
more time on this issue.

I think the best thing we can do is discuss briefly the pros and cons
of each in the nsuri document so that people can make more informed
choices.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist