Re: CURIEs: A proposal

Hi Dan,

You wrote:

> > > It's not clear to me what CURIEs are, beyond that.

Steven replied:

> > Let's try an elevator pitch:
> >
> >       CURIEs are a way of abbreviating URIs.

You then replied:

> Not as far as I can tell. From what I can tell, CURIEs
> are a collection of ways of abbreviating URIs.

So it seems to me that you're happy with the earlier point that CURIEs
is "a way of abbreviating URIs"? (The "collection of ways" thing is
still under discussion, and is not in the current CURIEs proposal.)

I'm not saying you agree with the need for CURIEs, or support the
method by which they need is met--I'm just trying to establish whether
Steven's elevator pitch now answers your question, since your
follow-up comment makes me think it does.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck