Re: RDFa reliance on namespace declaration

My 2 cents while glancing at this.

Ian, thank you very much for pointing out a real technical issue that
we should absolutely address. This is one of the first issues we'll
take up in July (when I start leading the telecons again.)

Anne, your point is well taken: there might be a way here to hit two
birds with one stone: moving away from xmlns declarations to address
Ian's point, and towards something that is more text/html friendly at
the same time (but still XHTML compatible, of course), which might
make RDFa adoption workable for the HTML5 folks, if they so choose.

Ian, I see on your blog that you said that using '.' and '-' were
arbitrary decisions. So, I'm wondering, since I now clearly
understand how QNames are not supposed to apply to attribute
*values*, why didn't you choose the ':' separator? There would be no
overlap with QNames from a machine parser standpoint, since QNames
don't apply to attribute values, but at least, from a "human parser"
perspective, they would immediately ring a bell.

(I also see that you're trying to find a way to make copy&paste work
with eRDF so that schema declarations aren't purely in the HEAD,
excellent!)

-Ben