Re: CURIEs: A proposal

On Jun 13, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Misha Wolf wrote:
> [...]
>>> The option I favour is:
>>>   vocabIRI          = http://sic.org/vocab1
>>>   prefix            = sic
>>>   suffix (aka code) = 0070
>>>   CURIE             = sic:0070
>>>   construction rule = <vocabIRI> & "#_" & <code>
>>>   codeIRI           = http://sic.org/vocab1#_0070
>
>> That looks reasonable as far as I can tell.

In today's discussion[1], we realized airport:LGA in NewsML 2
wouldn't work like airport:LGA in, say, SPARQL. We also
realized that if an RDF user copied a namespace URI
ending with a # to a NewsML document, that construction
rule would result in a bogus URI with two ##s.

What do you think of this...?

construction-rule =
   if vocabURI ends with a #, s1 = '' (empty string) else s1 = '#'
   if code does not start with a name-start character, s2 = '_' else s2
= ''
   return <vocabURI> + s1 + s2 + <code>

3 examples:

   vocabIRI          = http://sic.org/vocab1
   prefix            = sic
   suffix (aka code) = 0070
   CURIE             = sic:0070
   codeIRI           = http://sic.org/vocab1#_0070

   vocabIRI          = http://sic.org/vocab2#
   prefix            = sic
   suffix (aka code) = 0070
   CURIE             = sic:0070
   codeIRI           = http://sic.org/vocab2#_0070

   vocabIRI          = http://sic.org/vocab3
   prefix            = country
   suffix (aka code) = canada
   CURIE             = country:canada
   codeIRI           = http://sic.org/vocab3#canada

[1] minutes of TAG ftf Wed 14 Jun, to appear