Re: Update of the TAG issues list

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 17:03 +0100, Vincent Quint wrote:
> All,
>
> I have finished updating the issues list [1].
>
> All pending actions listed in the TAG Action Summary [2] are now
> included in [1], except actions that are not directly related with an
> "officially" open issue.
>
> I propose that we now use only the issues list [1] to track actions
> related to open issues.

Yes, now that you've got it up-to-date, that seems best.

My only reservation is that there's not much redundancy in who
can maintain it. I don't know how to do it, and the batch
style of the exit system doesn't appeal to me much, so I'm
not inclined to learn unless it's really necessary.

I think I know of one or two other TAG members that know
how to edit Exit issues lists. I won't speak for them now,
but I might press them into service in a pinch.

>  The various views of that list are very useful,
> I think. You can see for instance all pending actions sorted by
> issue [3] or by owner [4]. The full list [1] allows you to see actions
> in context.
>
> The Action Summary [2] will still be used to track all other actions, i.e.
> actions that are not related with an open issue. In this page, I propose to
>
>  - delete the first list ("Still pending"), as it is redundant with
>    the second list.
>  - delete most of the second list ("by Issue/Agendum") keeping
>    only the last 4 items (starting with "Semantic Web Architecture"), as
>    the others are now in the issues list [1].
>  - use this remaining list to follow issues that are not on the list [1].
>  - keep the "Done" list to keep track of the actions from the previous
>    list that have been closed recently.

Yes, please do.

> I plan to update the "Action history" section of each issue in [1] at least
> every month and if possible after each telcon or f2f. As a help for
> maintaining these sections, I suggest we review them when discussing
> an issue from the list. In particular, there are a few very old actions that
> are owned by people who have left the TAG. We have to decide what
> to do with them.
>
> Comments?
>
> Vincent.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/03/action-summary.html
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions.html
> [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html

> Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
> INRIA                               ZIRST
> e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
> Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             Montbonnot
> Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
>                                     France
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E