Re: TAG Issue proposal: URIs should not be hierarchical

Le 26 août 06 à 23:46, Fernando Franco a écrit :
> URIs are names.
> Names are not hierarchical.
> Ergo, URIs should not be hierarchical.

>From Hume, via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is-ought_problem
[[
In every system of morality, which I have hitherto met with, I have
always remark'd, that the author proceeds for some time in the ordinary
ways of reasoning, and establishes the being of a God, or makes
observations concerning human affairs; when of a sudden I am surpriz'd
to find, that instead of the usual copulations of propositions, is, and
is not, I meet with no proposition that is not connected with an ought,
or an ought not. This change is imperceptible; but is however, of the
last consequence. For as this ought, or ought not, expresses some new
relation or affirmation, 'tis necessary that it shou'd be observ'd and
explain'd; and at the same time that a reason should be given; for what
seems altogether inconceivable, how this new relation can be a deduction
from others, which are entirely different from it.
]]

How did that 'should' get in there? --Dan