Re: Approved TAG finding: Authoritative Metadata

Le 17 août 06 à 04:09, Hugh Winkler a écrit :
> Many server vendors have not provided adequate support for authors to
> generate the correct Content-type headers. They did not understand the
> authoritative aspect of content-type by reading RFC 2616 and
> predecessors. Put a different way, they placed a different semantic on
> Content-type. So there are content-type headers being served up out
> there, some adhering to one, authoritative semantic, and others
> adherign to a less authoritative, more "hinty" one. Wrongly, we think,
> but there you are.

[[[
II. Allow the content manager to use and configure character encoding
negotiation

Content-managers should be provided with an easy way to specify that
several documents are different instances of the same resource with
different character encoding.

Server should then apply server-driven negotiation algorithms to
serve the most appropriate variant based at least on the requested
Accept-Charset ([RFC2616] section 14.2) header.
]]]

-- Common HTTP Implementation Problems
http://www.w3.org/TR/chips/#cp7.1
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:21:02 GMT

It requests maybe a W3C Note to coordinate a technical solution between
	* authoring tools
	* servers
	* browsers (user agents)

Which would *help* to solve the problem. On the road for better content.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***