RE: URNs, Namespaces and Registries

I think I hear you describe 2 advantages of xris:
1) less disruption of http ever goes away,
2) a standard (and presumably lower cost?) for configuration rather than
product (apache) specific.

I think it's obvious that if http: ever goes away, then
dereferencability of http: resources will be significantly disrupted.
:-) :-).  However, doesn't the same argument apply to "xri"?  If
somebody deploys xri identifiers everywhere, and then xri goes away, is
there disruption to xri consumers?  And so isn't the argument to an
identifier minter "which do you think more likely to go away, http or
xri"?

I'll point out that the configuration for Apache is internal to apache,
and manifested by the http standard.  So you actually need to compare
the http "redirect" versus the "xri" redirect, which I tried to do in
section 5.  I'm presuming that an XRI implementation can store the
information used to generate an XRDS in any way it likes.

Cheers,
Dave