Is the TAG's advice relevant to Web services? (was Re: endPointRefs-47

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:28:14AM -0700, David Orchard wrote:
> I'm unclear on what the TAG would like the WS-Addressing working group
> to do with this advice.  Should the WS-Addressing group invent
> technology?  Should they create a Primer advising EPR minters?  Is this
> just informative?  Is the Web services architecture really a part of Web
> architecture?

There seems to be concensus on that last point, I think; that Web
services are *not* the Web.

But since you're asking what the TAG *could* do, I'd humbly suggest that
it would be helpful for the TAG to simply point out that there are
solutions to the problems Web services are trying to solve - machine-to-
machine communication/integration problems - within the constraints of
Web architecture.  This should have the desirable effect of scoping the
TAG's advice to being provided in the spirit of trying to help the
community to make the same design choices that made the Web such a
success.

As nothing like that has been said, AFAIK, I think you're totally
right to push back, Dave.

Just my 2c... plus a little bit of wishful thinking.

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.          http://www.markbaker.ca
Coactus; Web-inspired integration strategies   http://www.coactus.com