Re: Complete EPR example, as promised

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 17:15 -0500, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> This is just bare bones for now, but I hope it can serve as the basis
> for subsequent discussion.

Well, it seems to have lots of details, but I find it hard to
follow them because they don't seem to be motivated.

I see...

"A version of our old friend the stockquote service, but treating the
stock itself as an EndpointParameter. Only one operation at the moment,
namely LastTradePrice"

The obvious way to do this is to respond to GETs on a URI like
	/stocks?sym=IBM
with something like
  <price>83.61</price>

The ?sym= could be /sym/ or whatever.

With respect to running code, try

  http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IBM

and imagine that they supported a simple XML (or RDF) results format.
Ah... in fact, they seem to support .csv format... close enough, no?
http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=IBM&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E