Re: [schemeProtocols-49] Editor's draft of finding on schemeProtocols-49

On Jun 12, 2005, at 11:35 AM, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I've been working on an initial draft of a finding for issue
> schemeProtocols-49 [1].

Comments I scribbled on a printed version... which I gather is pretty
close to
   http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/SchemeProtocols.html

status: "This finding addresses" should be "This finding is intended to
address ..."

1 Preface

"introduction of new schemes ... may sometimes be essential ..."

there are a number of weasel words... if you take them out,
you get "introduction of new scheme is necessary to the continued
success of the web" which is I don't think is sufficiently justified to
even weasel at. Perhaps that will be the conclusion *after* exploring
the p2p and streaming cases.

3 URI Assignment ...

"it is common to use XML namespace names... when no server is providing
representations.
... not required by Web architecture ..."

It seems to condone that sort of thing, while webarch says you SHOULD
NOT do that.

"need not be Web-based" dunno what to make of that

"uses a URI as its Request-URI" almost; it use a URI reference. Most
HTTP GETs
looklike
    GET /foo
and not